This Star Wars Day saw the Quokkas head to The Brandon Hotel for the 3rd annual Gownlows presentation night. All the Quokkas were there bar Alex and Radar, who were pre-occupied with some sort of ‘other’ entertainment in Western Australia. Rumours abound.
With 12 rounds of voting available this season, its was always going to be an interesting race to the B&F finish line, and so it proved with Gladys and Rowdy tying on 10 votes each for the famed broken bat. Thankfully, the bat was in good hands at the Emu residence & has had a handle installed as well as been given a good clean. It seems Emu does some of his best work in the off-season. Rowdy gave a touching speech, reminding us all of how bad we are as cricketers, before handing over to Gladys for more of the same. Truly deserving winners, both.
The other major award winners included:
- The Christopher Reeve Award (for use of legs when batting) – J Rod
- The Chimney Award (for incessant smoking during games) – Cupsy
- The Mike Hussey Award (for taking one for the team) – Morts
- The Dwayne Leverock Award (for best catch) – Sam Curtin
- The Max Nichols Award (for best dummy spit) – Dutchy (beating out The Big Dog and the Curtin brothers)
- The Darragh O’Donovan Award (for bravery) – Alex (beating out The Big Dog himself and Curto)
- Best Bowling Performance – Pup
- Most Wickets – Ed
- Most Runs – Rowdy
Thanks to everyone for a great season, photos of the night to follow