Sunday, November 29th
Fitzroy-Doncaster Cricket Ground
Schramms Reserve No.2 ground
JJ Tully Drive, Doncaster
11:30 toss of the coin for a midday start
(Does anyone have a coin? Promise I’ll return it)
The Big Picture
This week is sure to bring a pantsing to the Quokkas.
The game is going to be played against a representative State side who are warming up for Nationals, on Turf, with LBW and other rules.
We are doomed. DOOMED! Lord knows why I tee’d this up at all.
I’m not going to give this the soft wash: they are going to smash us.
That being said, the game is only a T20 affair, so we should be done nice and early so we can enjoy the VDCA enjoying their victory.
The Quokkas are actually coming off a win, there first for the 2015-16 season, after successfully chasing 150 against The Old Bar with 7 overs to spare.
The win was obtained through some big hitting by Chef (44 off 14), J Rod (41*) and Tuesday (30*).
The Old Bar did have a couple of good batsmen at the top of the order, like most pub teams, but we aren’t playing a pub team this week & so are potentially facing proper cricketers in the Spinal Tap way.
All the way to Eleven.
In the spotlight
New fella Jay comes into this game with some solid form with bat and ball behind him. Being someone that looks like they can play proper cricket, Jay could very well thrive on a proper deck.
The Rev has been generous enough to elect to play in this game, his first since the start of the season. In that time he has been focussing on his real cricketing strength; administration, so we can no doubt welcome a strong performance off the field.
Once again the Quokkas start the week one short from the required XI needed to field a side, but the VDCA has suggested they could loan us some players, which is mighty nice of them.
The ten at the time of writing is:
- Curto (w/k)
- Big Dog
- J Rod
- Rev (c)
Pitch and Conditions
As unbelievable as it sounds, the Quokkas will be playing on a Premier Division wicket this week. This sort of fraudulent behaviour hasn’t been witnessed since Ed introduced himself as an Author.
The weather is expected to be cool and overcast, so we could well be dealing with more swing than the 70s.
Stats and Trivia
- Chefs 44 off 14 last weekend is only second to Rowdys 87 off 23 (3.14 to 3.78) for strike rates for scores over 30 – imagine if he had another 9 deliveries!
- Chef is also scoring 74% of his runs through boundaries (40% fours, 34% sixes) this season
- Tuesday doesnt have a batting average this season (yet to be dismissed)
- Dutchy (2 catches yesterday) increased his career total by 25%
- The man with 41* – J Rod (269) – sits behind only Dutchy, Ed, Emu, Big Dog & Gladys for career runs
- Curtos (aka The Wild Things) wicket yesterday, his 6th, dropped his avg with the ball from 43 to 38.5 (31 overs total, 231 runs, 7.45 RPO)
- There isn’t anything I can say about Local that hasn’t been said before